Position: Senior Product Marketing Manager
Location: Any Marketron office or remote
Reports to: VP of Growth Marketing
Marketron is looking for a passionate, savvy Senior Product Marketing Manager that will help propel and advance our growing business. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation and ownership of core product messaging, sales tools and enablement, and product launches – all in support of developing a killer GTM plan and its related execution.
Experience in SaaS, enterprise sales and digital advertising are keys to success for this role. You’ll own product marketing strategy for our digital products (Pitch & NXT) and help set the strategic direction for future integrated products.
Your experience identifying key market trends, buying behaviors, and opportunities will define go-to-market strategies, messaging, positioning, and tactics used by a cross-functional team including sales, marketing, customer operations and product management.
You will create sales tools, training and materials to ensure our partners on the sales team’s ability to sell and support these products, as well as being able to up-sell and cross-sell related offerings.
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong marketing and communications skills. Moving and thinking rapidly with an attention to detail and a sharp eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Identify customer needs, key personas, market trends/competitive landscape and build differentiated positioning and messaging for Marketron’s products
- Work closely with product management and technical teams to understand and translate technical and product features to benefits focused messaging
- Develop compelling product/feature narratives with clear, consistent and compelling messaging through a strong customer focus
- Work with content marketing to translate messaging into creative and high-impact customer-facing materials such as solution sheets, infographics, customer emails, trainings, knowledge articles, blog posts and case studies to clearly communicate success stories and best practices in coordination with the content marketing team
- Gather and analyze competitive data, create and maintain sales-facing competitive battlecards for key competitors, and infuse content and messaging with competitive differentiation
- Conduct market and/or customer research to understand industry trends and identify opportunities.
- Plan and execute new product launch activities using effective tools and techniques to maximize market penetration and sales impact
- Accountable to manage a cross-functional team across marketing and product management to ensure a service campaign has everything required from knowledge transfer, analysis, marketing plan, content creation management, execution, and measurement
- Set clear, measurable product marketing goals, track and take accountability for business results and conduct cross-functional post-mortems to create a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Analysis of marketing opportunity, ability to identify marketing targets and sub-targets, competitive analysis, and identifying new potential solutions or offers
- Manage multiple programs and juggle various stages of products
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of B2B experience in product marketing including experience with product launches and established product portfolios
- Demonstrated ability understanding and effectively communicating complex, translating technical concepts into benefits-based messaging
- Experience working cross-functionally with diverse teams including: sales, marketing, product management and engineering
- Demonstrated partnership with product management on bringing a service to market (either new or existing)
- Outstanding copywriting, copy editing and content creation skills. Detail oriented with a good eye for graphics.
- Ability to distill complex information into simple and meaningful insights and messaging
- Demonstrate ability to analyze the market and dive in research with high-degree of intellectual curiosity
- Experience with pricing strategy a plus
- Curious, confident, collaborative and proactive
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Communication and writing skills; be able to deliver marketing copy and content, at a fast pace
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple work-streams to deliver on time
- Experience with Sirius Decisions and/or Pragmatic Marketing models preferred
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business or technology field
Who We Are:
For innovators at broadcast and media companies, Marketron delivers a revenue performance engine that optimizes and accelerates new revenue streams, scales operations and delivers an end-to-end unified experience.
Broadcast and media companies now have an advantage over competitors by leveraging Marketron’s technology to successfully propose, price and execute multi-media advertising campaigns from a single platform that includes television, radio and digital revenue streams.
For more than 50 years, Marketron has been a leader in advertising technology for the broadcast industry. Backed by Diversis Capital, today Marketron manages more than $5 billion in advertising revenue for more than 6,000 stations. 18,000 active users depend on Marketron to propose, execute and invoice digital and linear advertising campaigns.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels in an open concept office (i.e. computers, printers, or light traffic)
- May be required to work occasionally in evenings and/or weekends
- May require travel domestically
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Cover Letter with the position you’re applying for
- Start Date
- LinkedIn Profile URL (if available)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities managed with it.
Marketron is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer